Monday, November 4, 2019

Setting up the Oracle Digital Assistant Instance

This post covers some tips on setting up an Oracle Digital Assistant (ODA) instance especially for those who are using an Oracle Cloud trial account.

The assumption here is that we already have an Oracle Cloud trial account created. Here is a resource that provides additional information on how to procure a free trial account.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/get-started/subscriptions-cloud/csgsg/request-trial-subscription.html

Setting Up the ODA Instance

From our OCI Homepage, we can use the menu to navigate to Oracle Digital Assistant. But I found that there are two Digital Assistant options available as shown in the screenshot below. For the purposes of the PeopleSoft - ODA integration, we need to use the Digital Assistant under the Platform Services menu.


Potential issue with Free Trial Service Limits

When I was trying to create an ODA instance, I kept running into the following error.

PSM-LCM-01002 One or more validations failed. See the included validation. See the included validation errors for details.

[No matching systems found to create the service]



After some trial and error, I found that I could workaround this validation error by selecting a different region other that Ashburn. I was able to successfully create an ODA instance in the Pheonix region as shown below. I believe I ran into this error because I already had my PeopleSoft Cloud Manager instance and my HCM 9.2 - PUM Image 31 instance running in the Ashburn Region. I may have run into this error because of Service Limits imposed on OCI free trial accounts.



You should also receive an email to confirm that the ODA instance was created successfully.

Once the ODA instance is ready, we can access the Digital Assitant Designer UI using the menu as shown below.



No comments:

Post a Comment